Kate Baucherel is a confident speaker and chair with experience on the international stage, both in person at major conferences and online in high-profile webinars. Kate has also lectured at Teesside Business School for several semesters and can structure and deliver effective training on emerging technology for small and large groups.
Keynote and Panel Specialities
Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
Drawing on my 2020 book for Business Expert Press, talks on the adoption of blockchain across industry can be tailored to the specific audience sector. Talks have previously focused on supply chain disruption, the games industry, blockchain in the public sector, the evolution of cryptocurrency and blockchain, and challenges for the future.
‘Ask Me Anything’
This is a great way to pitch the delivery to the level of the audience. As understanding of blockchain technology increases, balancing a presentation between 101 and expert, and between technical aspects and business applications, is a tricky task. I am confident in the breadth, depth and currency of my knowledge and can manage quick-fire questioning.
A Changing World
Want to understand the impact of emerging technologies on a specific industry, to reassure and inspire an audience? I have delivered talks and webinars for industry groups including the British Computer Society and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, focusing on blockchain, Internet of Things and machine learning / AI / robotics.
Adoption of New Technologies
How can people absorb the facts they need to survive in a rapidly changing world? Following the publication of four books (to date) which address the challenges of our changing world, I am embarking on academic research around the adoption of new technologies (2020, Teesside University Business School). Talks delivered on the topic include “Fact or Fiction? Making cybersecurity learning accessible” first delivered for CyberFest North East 2019. This draws on my fiction work and wider academic research. Fiction provides one route to embed knowledge around emerging technologies.
Contact Kate today to discuss available dates and your requirements.
Recent and Planned Speaking Engagements
- South by Southwest 2020 – Mentor, Fantastic Futures – March, Austin, TX
- Digital Skills for Growth – Keynote – December, County Durham
- Supply Chains Unblocked – Keynote – October, London
- Blockchain and AI Meetup – Keynote – November, Middlesbrough
- Cyberfest – Fact or Fiction, Keynote – September. Middlesbrough
- Venturefest Tees Valley – Emerging Technology Opportunities – September, Middlebsbrough
- Blockchain Summit – That’s Not My Tuna – September, BrightTALK
- South by Southwest 2019 – IP, Brand and Blockchain: Business on the Block – March, Austin, TX
- Blockparty – Ask Me Anything Q&A – February, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Thinking Digital Sessions – November, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Doyenne Coders Launch – Keynote – October, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Blockchain Game Summit – Panel, Building Communities – September, Lyon, France
- Blockchain Summit – Chair, Blockchain in the Enterprise – September, BrightTALK
- Great Exhibition of the North – Chair, Emerging Technology in Healthcare – July, Gateshead
- London Blockchain Summit – Track Chair – June, Olympia
- BCS Skills Share – Inside Blockchain – June, Webinar
- Internet of Things Summit – IoT Oracles: From Delphi to Diamonds – June, BrightTALK
- Newcastle Startup Week – Funding Business on the Blockchain – May, Newcastle upon Tyne
- HATCH Pitch Summit – Panelist, Team Building Livestream (at 59m) – March, Austin, Texas