JDrew Creations is recruiting! Download the full specifications here : Developer – PHP and Cloud Networking Job Description
This role will encompass development of the Ambix platform, deploying software to the cloud and establishing the company’s own cloud setup, and overseeing the increasing load of networking requirements to ensure that systems are robust as the business and the team grow. You will work closely with the Directors to keep systems up to speed with the company’s requirements.
- Build and maintain the company’s own cloud systems.
- Plan and manage migration of systems to the company’s cloud.
- Manage client hosting arrangements and the layers of data security required, including documentation for ISO 27001 certification.
- Supply technical support to clients as and when required.
- Work in partnership with the JDrew Creations team to define stories and complete tasks within an agile development framework (SCRUM).
Skills & Requirements
- Firm understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Working knowledge of cloud computing, including SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and data centres.
- An understanding of Microsoft Windows and Linux (Ubuntu) and how they interact on a network.
- A solid understanding of network security.
- Ability to communicate clearly, multi-task, and work under pressure, both individually and as part of a team.
- Willingness to adapt to changes in fast growing environments with multiple and new technologies.
- Sound knowledge of databases, both relational and unstructured.
- Quality awareness, self-motivation, ambition and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to clearly document any code written and thought processes, including use of UML diagramming.
- Experience in web services and APIs
- Previous use of Zend Framework 2
- Comfortable with using git repositories for version control
- Familiar with HTML5 and asynchronous technologies
- Previous experience working in an agile development environment
- Usage of TDD and/or BDD in previous work
- Well versed in development IDEs such as PHPStorm, Netbeans or Visual Studio.
You will also receive training both in house and externally in the latest data security protocols and standards, including an introduction to ISOs 27040, 27001 and 27038 (storage security, data security and legal privilege) and the EC Communications Directive.
In day to day work you will be introduced to agile development practices and discipline and receive training in story point estimating, task definition, and team working.
This role has a basic starting salary of £20-25k p.a. (Subject to experience, and negotiable). Hours consist of a 35 hour week Monday to Friday and four weeks’ holiday in line with statutory requirements. The job is offered subject to a six month probation period. As you are joining the company in its infancy, you will have the opportunity to make a fundamental impact on its future. There is the potential to develop your role as the company grows.
Please contact Kate Baucherel at JDrew Creations Ltd.